January 11, 2021
Dear Saxe Family,
While we had a successful week of remote learning last week, it was absolutely wonderful to welcome our learning community back into the building today. I was fortunate enough to make it around to every core classroom, many special area classrooms, and pop into some zooms, to welcome just about everyone back. While there was much excitement being back together, it seemed like our students did not miss a beat. This was a fine way to begin our 2021, in person at Saxe. Below are a few pictures of our classes today, and a couple of reminders.
Morning Drop off Reminders
We love welcoming our students into the building to start the day. As we have our entire learning community back at Saxe to kickoff 2021, below are a couple of tips for parents that will help make the a.m. drop-off process be as efficient and safe as possible:
- Please be sure to drop your child on the sidewalk that runs along the building leading up to the lower division entrance and not along the south end of the building or on Farm Rd. or South Ave.
- We have put several cones and signs out along the drop off area as a visual cue (pics below).
- Please have your children exit the car once you have stopped anywhere along these cones (and not drop right at the entrance/door). It is a long “runway” and extra steps are always encouraged!
- Whenever possible, please pull all the way up to the first cone to allow cars behind you to enter/drop.
- As you enter the parking lot, please prompt your child to have everything ready to depart your car.
- Please try to stay within the drop-off window beginning 20 minutes prior to the start of the school day (traffic picks up after 7:15 for upper division and 8:05 for lower division).
- Please be kind and understanding that students are trying their best to get out of their cars quickly. Sometimes they need to access the rear seat or trunk to grab a large instrument or have an injury that slows them down.
- After you drop your child, please carefully merge and follow the loop back to exit on Farm Rd.
- Just a reminder, our buses run their full routes each day and are available for all families at any time.
As always, please feel free to reach out with any questions. Have a great week and we will see you soon.
Principal, Saxe Middle School
We were even treated to a fabulous sunrise this morning and, if you look close enough, our Saxe Hawk mascot perched on the top of the flagpole also welcoming everyone back!
Saxe Middle School
Celebrating Our Learning Community Through Caring, Communication, & Commitment